Council Meetings 2009
Administered by the Governance Unit. Ph 9369 8000
Agendas for Council and Council's committee meetings can be viewed on this website from Friday afternoon prior to the meeting. Agendas for meetings of the Development Control Committee can be viewed from Wednesday afternoon prior to the meeting.
The minutes on this website are provided on a complimentary basis. They are subject to change and should not be taken as the official minutes of a meeting.
The minutes of committee meetings contain:
1. DECISIONS (which can be actioned immediately by Council officers).
2. RECOMMENDATIONS (which have to be adopted at the next full Council meeting
before they can be actioned by Council officers).
|Finance, Ethics & Strategic Planning Committee||3||3||7||5||2||7||4||1||6||3||1|
|Community, Housing, Environmental Services & Public Works Committee||3||N/A||7||5||2||7||4||1||6||3||1|
|Development Control Committee||27||24||24||28||26||23||28||25||22||13||24||8 |
|Waverley Traffic Committee||26||26||23||28||25||23||27||24||29||N/A||3|
- Inspection Meetings are generally held on the 1st or 2nd Saturday of each month at 12.30pm.
- Finance, Ethics & Strategic Planning Committee generally meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7.30pm.
- Community, Housing, Environmental Services & Public Works Committee generally meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 8.00pm.
- Council generally meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7.00pm.
- Development Control Committee generally meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7.00pm.
- Waverley Traffic Committee generally meets on the 4th Thursday of the month at 10:00am. Meetings are not open to the public.
- Committees do not generally meet in January. All business is conducted at the Council meeting held in February.
All Council and Committee meetings are held on Level 3, Waverley Council Chambers, corner of Paul Street and Bondi Road, Bondi Junction.
Agendas for Council's committee meetings contain reports from Council officers with a recommendation for the committee's consideration.
Depending on the nature of the item, the committee may have delegated authority (ie permission from Council and in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993) to make a DECISION which can be acted upon immediately by Council officers.
If the committee does not have the appropriate delegated authority, it makes a RECOMMENDATION to be considered by Council at its next meeting.
ADDRESSING COUNCIL OR A COUNCIL COMMITTEE
Members of the public are able to address
Council or a Council Committee on any items listed in the meeting agenda. If
you wish to speak at a meeting please contact staff in our Governance
Section on 9369 8121 or 9369 8193 before 3.00pm on the day of the meeting.
If you address a meeting, your name will be included in the minutes of the
meeting, unless you request that it not be included.
You will need to provide us with your name, contact details, the item you wish to speak about and whether you are speaking in support of or against the item. The information you provide will be used to assist in managing the meeting agenda and to prepare the minutes of the meeting. All meetings of Council and its Standing Committees are recorded to assist in preparing meeting minutes. The recordings are not publicly available.
The Waverley Traffic Committee is not a committee of Council. The Committee operates under delegation from the RTA. It is advisory only and has no decision-making powers.
Meetings of the Waverley Traffic Committee are not open to the public. However, residents, members of the public and other stakeholders may address a meeting of the Committee. Addresses must relate to the business listed on the meeting agenda.
If you wish to address a meeting please contact staff in our Governance Unit on 9369 8054 by 3.00pm on the day before the meeting to register.